Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Saturday, February 28, 2009

What week don't the miracles come? 25-02-09‏

WOW! The gospel of Jesus Christ and the spirit by which it's communicated know no bounds. This week in our labors we've been blessed with 6 investigators who have agreed to be baptized and confirmed on a specific date. By the looks we ought to increase by at least two more today! The Lord does His work and FAST.
This week I have participated in french and spanish lessons in which the investigators have agreed to be baptized when they know the truth of the book of Mormon. Glorious! I testified in probably horrible spanish and assisted in the translation of our lesson into french. Also this last week we met with Nynetu Dorway who is a man from Liberia. He has great faith and tells us he feels so much like he has learned the plan of salvation before that he's convinced other churches teach it. We explained the reason it rings so true is because it IS and also because he has been taught it before this life.
Julius Tago a recent convert blessed the sacrament this week while another recent convert Banbi Mulatu passed the sacrament. The truth of those ordinances and the confirmation of the spirit came to me with power. Such joy filled my heart as I witnessed fresh testimonies and able sons of our God participate in bringing to me a remission of my sins. I truly feel blessed to see how we are, even after all our labors, yet unprofitable servants.
I never before understood how much faith can get us through such real and physical situations. On exchanges I was in the passenger seat of a Georgia driver driving in a canadian blizzard. Though we found the curb a few times I felt at least a douzen times the tires grip where they shouldn't have and I would not doubt that angels helped as I prayed fervantly. It's quite a sight to imagine and humorous as it is there is no way we made it through our exchange without help from above.
I miss and love you all!
May God bless and prosper you.

Thank you for your prayers and your support.
Love,Eldre McCarty

(Here in canada almost everything ending in ER is switched to RE so I decided I ought to conform my name too.) Ex. Centre, Theatre, etc...

No comments: