Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Thursday, February 5, 2009

What a week! 04 Feb 2009

For those who don't make it all the way through my letters awake, I want to testify that the purposes of God SHALL be accomplished. When we work with Him it is ourselves that are blessed!
What a glorious week in weather and also in what we recieved from God.
First Miracle for this e-mail is Jason White:
Walking to the library late for our coordination meeting Sunday morning Elder Kipp asked "is there a phone in the library?" I replied "I don't think so."
Upon entering we discovered that there is in fact a phone. Also equally important it was ringing.
Elder Kipp answered and spoke while I was making copies for our meeting. When I finished he did also. Looking up with the excitement that compared only to my brother Kyler and I when we opened our Nintendo 64 Christmas morning he said "Jason White is amazing."
He than explained that Jason is a man who found our number in the phone book. After calling a few churches we were the first to pick up the phone. Jason wanted to come to church and was willing to walk for one hour to get there. He's had a rough life and wants to repent and be happy the way God wants him to be happy.
He came to church and despite his two smoking breaks had a very good experience. At the end we gave him a book of mormon and he told us that he was excited to read it. We told him more about the lesson we had in priesthood which was conveniently on the priesthood. We explained the importance of the restoration and that through it we are able to gain more faith, repent, be baptized by proper authority, be confirmed to recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost and endure to the end.
Short story shorter, He set a baptismal date for February 21st! AMAZING. The purposes of God were accomplished.
Miracle number two is Ramona Bighead:
Ramona is a member of the church who is seeking to return to activity. She came to church sunday and asked us to meet with her monday night. We of course agreed.
We happened to be on exchanges and Elder Chappel came with me to her appointment. Despite opposition we made it there with only ten minutes to spare before our next appointment.
Ramona has a boyfriend who is not a member of the church. He wants to learn more and read the book of mormon. They explained that they wanted to turn to God and get married. She asked for a priesthood blessing after bearing to us her testimony. She's had many trials in her life and it was our privelage to give her such a blessing.
The purposes of God, in these two experiences particularly, in fact accomplished themselves! What an amazing thing to witness these things. How blessed are we to labor!
This is the most amazing place to be! I love my Holy Heavenly Father! I love my Savior. I'm forever in their debt for my dear family and goodly parents, as well as each of you as my friends and loved ones!
God bless you!
Elder McCarty
(From the north)

No comments: