Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Weeks roll on! 2009-04-03 (march 4)‏

Canadians write their date strangely! I think that's right but I may have gotten confused so I clarified. This week has been a good week. Elder Kilifi and I are getting along. The biggest differences we find are that he is Tongan and brown and that I am pasty and something else. Today we're going down into the slums on 118th avenue (where many of our investigators live) to get our hairs cut in an all african barber shop. I honestly think I may be the first white guy to darken their doorway! ha ha It should be interesting to see what happens. Hopefully they don't pull some joke and buzz a lightning bolt into the back of my head. I could see it happening. President Rhodes would have a word or two I'm sure. On the other hand were I a super hero I think such a haircut may be manditory.Throughout our efforts we have seen miracles left and right. The disappointments seem nearly par in frequency of occurrance. I am learning a new level of love for the people. Elder Kilifi is teaching me how I must know the investigators very deeply and God is showing me that I can Love them with or without that! Our mexican investigators are amazing! I feel a strong love toward them and the desire to share what I know to be true with them. They speak very little english so our communication runs far more shallow than our respect and adoration. I'm thankful for your prayers! Thank you for your support and encouragement by your words and deeds!
Love,Eldre McCarty

No comments: