Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Thursday, February 12, 2009

How sweet it is! 11 FEB 2009‏

Kyler's mission and my own seem so alike despite the fact that he's in Paraguay and I'm in the frozen baren canadian tundra (slight exaggeration in hopes of increased the number of packages filled with deliciousness.)Transfers this week happened also in Londonderry. My companion Elder Kipp got moved to a Young Single Adult ward in Millwoods stake. He is awesome and I'll miss him. I wonder how he will do in a YSA since he is the ladies man type and his mission is winding down! ha ha We gave him a hard time.My new companion is Elder Kilifi! He is THE MAN. A big bold Tongan from south cali and presently rooted in seattle. He's a rugby player who has full ride scholarships at BYU and Cal state. Needless to say... I beat him up all the time. (the trouble comes when he wakes up.)Actually we're getting along pretty well. I feel similar to my South American Brother. He had transfers this last week also and has a new companion. The reputation Kyler mentioned having is no less than I expected and such a great one to have!Since we've been working together Elder Kilifi and I have been SO blessed by the Lord. I don't know how he is so merciful to us but despite the difficulty we find in keeping up with the new investegators He's given us we still are blessed with more! We're finding lots of people who are SO elect.Today I have a forged testimony of Faith. When I was told who my companion was to be I heard a lot of things from the missionaries around us in the city. I decisively kept my mind open and gave Elder Kilifi every benefit of the doubt. Rightfully so! I was a little afraid but I prayed for faith and recieved that marvelous gift and to my pleasant discovery Elder Kilifi is amazing.The work is progressing and exploding. I testify that powers far greater than ourselves are pushing this work along. Truly the spirit of God like a fire is burning! I love you each and miss you! Keep your pursuits steadfast and your sights raised.Keep yourselves in the tender care of our Father in Heaven.
Love,Elder Drew McCarty
Pictures:
ALRIGHT!
Top picture is of Elder Kilifi and I here at emails! I literally took it just NOW.
2nd picture is at the first baptism I've been privelaged to perform. Her name is marina Hewko and despite her family's disproval they still supported her and consented to her baptism. She's solid.
3rd picture is of me with My australian friends cool specs on! They look far better on him but I thought I'd get a picture. He got transfered down to greenfield so my guitar lessons are finished.
Last one is one of Elder Kipp and I with the Onzias! They are an amazing family from Sudan that were in Refugee camps and all sorts of stuff. They were baptized shortly before I came into the area. They're amazing!
Love, Elder McCarty

No comments: