Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

28 Jan. 2009 Gooday‏

Elder Richard K. Melchin is the area authority here in alberta. He is such a wise man and gave us a number of opportunities to learn, ask questions and become enlightened by the wisdom with which he's been blessed.His ability to respond to the spirit has always been amazing to me. As we shook hands with him he held onto mine for a little longer than I expected. I had begun to walk away because I had said my thanks to him and as with the rest of the missionaries I anticipated that he would smile and let go.I stepped back to squarely face him. Still smiling he said to me "Elder you are a great missionary the light shines through your eyes." My heart felt nearly on fire. I anticipated nothing more than a simple hello and your welcome.Though my companion and others mocked me a little for the compliment it still pierced through my heart and made me feel like Heavenly Father spoke through him to me to help me know I'm doin alright.I love the experience a mission is. There is an unlimited supply of joy available to all who are willing to thrust their sickles in and with determination serve the lord to the end.Along with the Joy we have this week has also been amazing for having fun!On exchanges in Spruce Grove our first order of business was to go meet a man who is less active. We talked with him and he let me play his epiphone guitar. We felt a deep friendship and love for them and learned through course of conversation that his wife is not a member.They mentioned that missionaries in the past had visited them but never really taught her. We taught briefly the import of the Book of Mormon and testified the blessings it would bring. She consented to take the lessons and I am confident that she will progress! How great the miracles of our God.While there we also had played a short board game and while I lost horrible once I took the cake in round two! It was kind of like tic tac toe.We found a treadmill on its side in the church parking lot and decided to try and take it for a spin.My companion and I came up with a killer work-out so that we can be more in shape now than we ever have been!I've learned to play 2 new songs (partially) and am appauled at how quickly I'm learning!
I love you all and miss you! Take care
Elder McCarty
See new pictures below in the following post!

No comments: