Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

No photos today. Sorry mates - 14 Jan 2009

The aussi in our district accidently forgot his SD card reader today so unfortunately the pictures I wanted to send are stuck in my camera and they can't get out. Tragic I know.
Do me a favor though and don't show up to his house with a pitchfork and torch because it was an honest mistake and I told him that he gets three strikes. I'll give you the signal when he messes up twice more!
Actually I love Elder Mckay! He's a stud muffin and is giving me the low down on music theory.
Honestly family and friends there are so many amazing people here! It's hard to believe that I'm as far gone in the mission as I am. I'm sure I don't need to explain the mix of emotions again but I feel it often.
The day is cold and snowy. There's been lots of snow lately actually! It's crazy I LITERALLY was up to my knees in snow yesterday. That's pretty funny because Kyler down in paraguay told me the Paraguayans love it when he tells them Utah had snow like that (even though it rarely does.) I'm living his tall tale up here!
I got some sweet pictures in a little town called ANDREW! ha ha yeah It's pretty neat. There's a picture of me trying to fly south for the winter (<- a joke that won't land until I can sent the picture) and some other sweet ones so look forward with anticipation to those!
President Rhodes spoke on Joy last week. I want to recapitulate some of his thoughts! (how many bonus points for the ridiculous word?) I actually am not sure if I used it correctly but I heard it on a talk by Truman G. Madsen so I hope it's good.
President Rhodes emphasized how important Joy is. Said he "I don't think the Plan of Happiness would be attractive to me were it a plan for anything else [but happiness.]"
This life as well as our eternal existence is calculated for eternal life which is a fulness of Joy. I feel now certain that Joy is what we ought to aim for. However we mustn't mistake Joy for satans imposter feeling of temporal pleasure or "fun." We find in Talmage's Jesus The Christ a reference and quote on happiness and inferior pleasure.
I know by the power of the spirit of our Almighty God that joy is available! We oft find that misery must be part of this life but one of that feelings objects is to sweeten our JOY!
Do you seek it? Do you desire it? I know if I had not been informed my question would be "How do I obtain it?" I will tell you, the straight and narrow way is our formula for joy. We must have faith, repent, be baptized (by water and the spirit,) recieve the priesthoods (if male,) be endowed with power from on high, and sealed for eternity in the covenant of marriage by choice and the holy spirit of promise. I tell you in testimony THIS is the straight and narrow way (matt 7:14) THIS is how we nourish with all diligence the seed which we plant within us (alma 32:41.) I bear sacred witness as a representative of our Savior if ye shall keep these sayings and do them "Ye SHALL have eternal life."
This is joy.
I love you. I miss you. I pray for you and I thank you for your prayers and your support.
If you can do one thing for me it would be this BE TRULY HAPPY. This is where I feel happy.
Love,
Elder McCarty

No comments: