Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm exhausted but I'd have it no other way! 04-02-08‏

Well this Preparation day is more relaxed! We are starting to get into the swing of things again and I'm really enjoying the work. We're three Elders covering three areas. There's a lot to be done. It's a literal juggling act to get everyone in. For now Elder Beer is the Senior companion for Castledowns and Elder Winn is in charge of Kingsway and Clareview. We usually have appointments all day. The people around here have been very fun to work with and I hope I'll stick around for a good while.We're teaching a man named Daniel Blanco. He speaks minimal english and just came up from mexico. He met missionaries in Calgary and they referred him to us! He's a very humble man, Catholic in religious background. He's eager to learn (english and religion) and we're eager to teach. We've got a translator in the ward named Sister Marez. She's very kind hearted and does well. Tonight we have another appointment with him and we hope to show him the restoration video. We taught the restoration to him last week and he seemed to understand. I look forward to working more with him. Sister Marez being available was an absolute miracle. WE didn't get a hold of her until 10 minutes before we were supposed to meet there and she made it! She was having a headache so she had planned to stay home. She decided doing the Lords will would help her headache and by the end of the lesson her head was soothed.Cyrille Chwampka is a man from Zimbabwe! He's worked for around 6 years to be able to bring his sisters to Canada and be reunited with his mother. He's extremely humble and eager to learn as well. WE teach him as much as we can and he is looking to find work in Fort MCmurray which is bad news. The climate up there is not cultivating for religion at all. The Lord will provide.The list goes on and on! I love the people here! Not all of them are as humble but I'm growing an appreciation for the kind people of Edmonton.I'm loving the work and we're ever busy! This is my first preparation day that I get to do much preparation! We even got to play some basketball. I had some really lucky games so it was double fun!Elder Melchin (I believe of the 70) came and had a question and answer session with the whole zone. He's a brilliant man. His answers left no room for doubt and I took notes feverishly! I couldn't write fast enough. I'm SO excited for general conference! WOO!I hope all of you at home are loving life! I know that the Lord will guide us and lift us up when we cannot for ourselves! I love you all! Elder McCarty

No comments: