Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ok everyone 10 minutes... I'm so busy! 03-26-08‏


Perhaps I ought to write this email first from now on. I think I will because that's the reason last week it didn't work. The server was down and we luckily got in breifly but it kicked me out as soon as I wanted to send! So last weeks email got erased.Elder Winn is my new companion. He's from Taylorsville Ut. The hood. ha ha I love the man he's teaching me rapidly and we're working very VERY hard. We always have a million things to do. I've yet to take a preparation day which I actually have time to play basketball. Maybe next week because today that won't happen.We cover two wards. Kingsway and Clareview. Now we cover 3. Elder Croft was in our district and will be going home tomorrow for medical leave. His companion is in CAstledowns and will now be converted to our companionship. For the rest of this transfer (about 3 1/2 weeks) we'll be covering three areas. Today we drive down into the heart of edmonton to pick up Elder Beer (our new companion) and swap our car. Today is going to be a very hard and busy one. Worst of all we may find it hard to get much missionary work done. Hopefully next wednesday we'll get to have some time for basketball and laundry and everything we should be doing.The work here is absolutely amazing. The members generally are not crazy about missionary work but we have been finding a lot of people through street contacting and tracting. I've given out at least 20 copies of the Book of Mormon in the short time I've been here. Our teaching pool is growing and we're likely to see some serious progress.Cyrille has got to be our most promising new investegator. He had a friend back in Zimbabwe that was a member and refused to play rugby on sundays. He admired that faith and it always stuck with him. Since then he's worked very hard to bring his family back to live with their mom in Canada. They're very humble and hard working. They love Jesus Christ and are not afraid to commit to any religion. Our first lesson with him will be this friday! He'll likely become a member.In my last area I've been told that Dan Jahraus is being baptised. They don't have a date but he has committed! Life is amazing. The weather is warm and I'm loving this work. I'm learning rapidly and am increasingly motivated. Time is flying very fast and we're accomplishing as much as possible. We're constantly exhausted but I wouldn't like it any other way!My new address is Elder McCartyC 208 14511 77th st.Edmonton AB T5C 1E7Canada I love you all and hope that you have the best experiences. I've got under 2 minutes left and I don't want this to erase so I'll wrap up.I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve and the love that I'm being shown. Continue to be examples of righteousness and God will bless you. Keep in mind what is really important.Love,Elder McCarty1:00 left! Love you all!

No comments: