Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Good DAY! 04-16-08‏

Canada is nuts! It snowed the other day! It was nuts. I can't believe it. It's been positive 20 degrees! Man this country is nuts.The work is amazing! Andrew Legaspi is probably the most rapidly advancing. We taught him last night and he knelt and prayed afterward. We asked him to give the spirit a few seconds to answer his prayer. The spirit was in the room. He knelt and after struggling to find the words to ask about the truth he just kept his eyes closed. Elder Winn and I were praying hard in our minds that God would send him the spirit. When Andrew opened his eyes and said "I feel really good" we were blown away. I can see his seed of faith sprouting. It's going to be fantastic. He's committed to be baptized when he knows.Apparently he has a bit of a Smoking problem. Almost everyone in Canada does. He's got a great heart and sincere desire.The tripanionship is going well. Our teaching is slightly disarrayed. The point gets across but if it werent for the spirit I think people would be confused sometimes. God is with us. I'm loving this work. I can't believe how much time has gone by already. Yesterday I was told that it's all down hill from here. I can't believe that! I need more time! Ha ha I'm just soaking it all in.
Love,Elder McCarty
P.s. Kiley! I know you ladies didn't get the chance to see the priesthood session but I was asking because I figured one of you could ask him for me.

No comments: