Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another week! What a relief. 04-23-08‏

Whoo! It's been an intense week! Last Thursday we got our transfer call! I'm staying in Kingsway and Clareview. Elder Beer went back to Castledowns and got a new companion named Elder Skousen (related to Cleon Skousen for those who know of him.) Elder Winn is still my companion. They're keeping me under the watchful eye of someone in authority! ha ha He's District Leader and I'm constantly learning tons from serving with him. We have a sneaking suspicion I may be his last companion. He only has this transfer and one more left! Intense (like camping.) Ok bad joke. In tents, Intense? Anyhow it should be an amazing 6 more weeks we're just about guaranteed to be serving together. We get along well and work fairly unified. Serving with a group of three really helped us each appreciate the simplicity that a companionship gives rather than a tripanionship. The work is definately rolling forward.MONDAY. Elder Russell M. Nelson from the Quorum of the Twelve came to visit. AMAZING. When he walked in we all stood. President Rhodes led the way and we followed suit. (<-another bad pun maybe?) It was amazing to see a man I respect so very much (President Rhodes) interact with a man we all respect so much (Elder Nelson.) When he spoke my pen could not fly fast enough. I studied up on 2 of the scriptures he mentioned this morning and it took me nearly 1 hour. It was amazing. He's a brilliant man. Much more though he is an Apostle of the Lord. We all felt that as we shook his hand and heard him speak.The work is progressing. We're able to fill more time with finding and appointments with members now. For the past 3 weeks we had to drive all over the city, and we had tons of appointments. It was good, and busy, BUT it's good to go back.Today I feel a strong testimony of the gospel. I wish I could carry to each one of you the feelings I recieve when I pray to know the truth of it all. Ultimately though, I cannot. HOWEVER, you (each and every one of you) can allow the Holy Ghost to carry it to you. Live the gospel, seek to understand it and then, pray for a spiritual witness. It will be there. I've seen it in my life. I've had the pleasure of seeing it in the lives of investegators. I desire the pleasure of each of you seeing it in your lives, even if it isn't the first time. We can never have too many witnesses from the Holy Ghost.Well family and friends I best move on to my other e-mails. I hope all is going well for each of you. Remember a quote that one of my Zone Leaders has hanging on his wall. "If you're not happy, you're not living the plan of happiness." It's there for us all. Christ's hand is extended, will you take it?I know we can.Take care, stay safe, and roll on (mormon 8:22)
Love,Elder McCarty

No comments: