Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 8, 2009

Oh my brothers and sisters. Today is a wonderful day! The sun is starting to break through the clouds again and the snow is all but gone (nearly.) I'm enjoying the blessings from God. I've truly felt His aid as we in the mission have sought to establish Zion within us to invoke the powers of heaven.


This week I went on Exchanges with Elder Michael Price. He went to Northridge high school (but theres still forgiveness) and is an amazing missionary. He was trained by one of the best. Now he is carrying forward the great work of the Lord in the "black hole" of the mission. I have been taught that the success God expects in this work is going to happen. When we commit ourselves to doing His work in His way we are bound to see His desired results. It's so simple and the application so powerful. Travis and Shvonne are a couple from Newfoundland. They're extremely kind and have been clearly prepared by God. We contacted them two weeks ago and Shvonnes questions began. Since that time they've been unceasing. It's been wonderful! One of her questions was " do you do baby blessings? I don't want Avery (their daughter) baptized until she can make that decision."We explained the priesthood blessing that is available for infants. When we told her about the restoration of the priesthood and that we can trace our authority back to Jesus Christ she said "I have goosebumps but... it's good." and "I want her blessed by that authority."Since then they have invited us for a traditional Jigs dinner which was an enjoyable time.I'm so excited to meet with them.

There are SO very many children that angels truly have prepared!I love you all. God bless and prosper you.


Eldre McCarty


Here's the pictures Explanations:
Good Brother Fernando. I decided to give the tie to him since he was already so close to looking like a missionary!




Walters Cafe! Est. 1908! This is in a tiny town called Legal. We were meeting to go on exchanges and decided to stop at Walters for a quick bite.
I've never shot from this part of the basketball court. You'll be pleased to know that I made it!




53 Elder Kilifi is THE MAN! He's my current companion and this is Zoey palmer. She and Elder Kilifi had a bit of a debate as to who's got the real ballerina skills. Though she ran I think the pink dress and tiara let her win!




Brother Warnakoulasooria Johan Fernando conducting the music at his own baptism!! What an amazing man. He's the one from Sri Lanka.

No comments: