Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Good day! 22 april 2009‏

Life here in the nice Canadian spring is heavenly. The missions transformation from little faith to a little more faith has been extremely evident. It hit me as I spoke with some younger missionaries today that in fact the mission has turned into a purpose driven baptizing and retaining mission. The Lord is working a mighty change in our hearts and progressively the mission is turning to His will. I want to more fully trust Him so that I can serve Him better.We visited the beautiful city of Fort Mcmurray Alberta last week. I love that place. I felt the great attitude of the missionaries there and I am excited for the fruits of their labors to follow them.



While visiting the Galenzoski family was kind enough to invite us for supper. What an amazing family they are! Along with that family we were able to enjoy the company of one Ashley O'neil. She is the one recent convert in Fort Mcmurray and Elder Hill and I discovered she had been found by one of the Galenzoski boys and hounded him until we got to teach her. She is phenomenal and I wish I could write to her but as a missionary I've been told it's best if I don't. I'm so excited that the seeds we plant WILL bear fruit. Ashley is evidence of it. The gospel is a good seed. On those whos hearts are fair soil there will be plentiful buds springing up to eternally sweet fruits of life everlasting! Thrilling to be a small part of it.

Although we were in Fort Mac the Lord blessed us that He was able to accomplish His purposes in the first few days of the week. There are several children of our Father in Heaven who are preparing for baptism.Delaina Nowland and Valentia her daughter are two that I feel a great love for. They are seeing improvement in their lives and feeling the happiness God promises. Despite financial crisis their hearts are being cheered by the good news we're blessed to bear.The mexican recent converts have moved into a new home that is far more suitable for habitation! They say they're going to have us over for Cinqo de Mayo. (I don't spell in spanish if you couldn't tell.)I have indeed realized this week that the Lord commissions all His servants for success and He backs them to grant success in the Labors he expects.

The reason it came to mind is that a young missionary on exchanges dispensed great wisdom to me. I found myself burdened with stress and he reminded me and taught me, exhorting me as we might an investigator, to rise up and trust in God.How great and glorious! I testify that God lives. I know it.I love and miss you all!

til next week,

Eldre McCarty

85 This is lil ol me atop our driving range in abasand Fort Mcmurray. That place is extra beautiful in summer time!

84 Perhaps THE most ridiculous spoiler ever? That's Fort Mac
83 This is a Fort Mac picture with Elder Rowley and I. He's from St. George and is a good man. We're very different but I like to be with him and learn with him.

82 Fort Mcmurray! this is an outlook where we used to drive Golf balls on preparation day! What an amazing place it is. It'll get greener and be even more beatiful. One of the neat things is that there are 3 cars that have been driven off the ledge somehow! Oh Fort Mcmurray!

No comments: