Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What a beautiful week! 3-25-09

Last week we joined Fort Mcmurray for a time and I was able to see Ashley Oneil who is doing fabulous! I'm so pleased with her strength and determination to live the gospel. She is the one recent convert from the days I served in Fort Mac.

Saturday at 4 oclock we had the baptism for the three amigos. My soul loves them! I can feel such a strong bond that transcends the language barrier. Elizabeth Hernandez asked me to baptize her. It was touching for me because the only real communication we've been able to have were smiles. She has such light in her eyes. As I pronounced the baptismal prayer in spanish I felt the peaceful assurance and rememberance the spirit brings. Upon Confirming her husband a member of the church I felt once again the words come to my mind even with the difficulty of having a translator.

We taught a woman named linda for the first time last night. She needs a change. Elder Kilifi and I each testified to her and at the same time felt prompted that she needs to know she is a daughter of God. Her current living situation is with an older man who makes it difficult for her to read the book of mormon or do what is right. He abuses her verbally from what she told us.To be able to testify to her of her importance and the specific and perfect plan God has for her was an experience upon which no price can be placed. We helped her last night to understand how much God desires her happiness and that she will be able to see her loved brother who committed suicide three years ago.

This work is amazing. I feel near tears as I reflect on what has happened in the short time I've been serving. I anticipate that much will yet happen that will fill my soul with joy!

Thank you all for everything you do. Please pardon the lack of pictures again. I will do my best to send some next week! I saw evidence of Gods hand every where I turned. I'll praise His name forever.
God bless you all!
Love, Eldre McCarty

No comments: