Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 23, 2009

Sheesh! Life is good 18 March 2009‏

Last night we met with our three amigos Sergio Elizabeth and Omar. They are converted! The spirit has such great power.When we met the showed us an article in the news that had the horoscopes on it. They informed us that both Sergio and Elizabeth are Virgo. It just so happens that this papers horoscope read thusly, "An Elder will comfort you, a compassionate man will calm your fears." Or something similar.ELDERS we are! They were so excited. I took a picture of the horoscope and then a picture with them. Unfortunately my camera card reader is not here! I forgot it. MY apologies.

Then in the course of last night they also informed us that they were not married by anyone with authority. According to the Laws of Mexico however and according to their hearts and thoughts they are married. We explained marriage and that they may need to be married before baptism. We thought the day was going to be postponed.Calling president Rhodes we discovered that if they are lawfully wed according to mexicos laws we ought not force them to be married just to have it on paper.The baptism is on! I love Heavenly Father and His wisdom.Johan is on track for the week to come and seems solid and committed. A missionary nearly was sent home last week. His situation was serious. The First Presidency had to make the final decision.I have a great love and respect for this Elder. I knew he didn't want what happened to happen.I knelt down and pleaded with God that our dear prophet and his beloved counsellors would feel the earnest prayer of insignificant little Elder McCarty. I prayed that Gods will be done and that if possible my dear friend would be allowed to complete his mission in dedicated service.Later that day we recieved a phone call that says my prayer was answered and in a quite direct way. The prophet instructed that God wants this Elder to stay.I feel deep and powerful love for those I am serving and serving with. The people and land of Canada has become beatiful to me in the same way the people of Alma found the land and waters of mormon to be beautiful in mosiah 18:30.I know Gods hand is in our lives. We ought to and can trust in His almighty arm. Our paths He prepares and when we choose to be happy by our actions, the blessings of heaven and eternity are ours.My prayer for EVERY soul reading my words from afar is that happiness will be yours.

I love you. Thank you and may God continue to bless you.

Eldre McCarty

No comments: