Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Familia and Friends! 11-05-08


Well hello there!
This week has been super.
Upon my mind and soul lately has been impressed the peace available when we do our best.
Sunday November 2nd we met with Ashley O'neil. We now have her phone number so we no longer rely upon Ben Galenzoski a great young man in our ward. I have great respect for him but he's not getting a career in careful diligent planning just yet. That's a huge thing my mission has done for me and I'm certain it will do the same for him.
We told Ashley that we wanted to meet with her whole family. Don (dad) Nikki (mom) Dana (sister) and Ashley all were prepared to watch a movie with us. We sat down and introduced in by teaching the first principles of lesson one.
As we watched the movie the spirit was strong. I felt impressed that after we should challenge them to prayerfully discuss as a family if the will investegate. This evening was based more around our friendship with the family than their interest in the gospel. So we hoped to get them learning and eager.
As we talked about the movie and committed them they turned down our offer to take the lessons. We still managed to commit them to talk and pray about it. I was disappointed but less downspirited as I expected. I bore my testimony to them and told them of a few of the blessings they would recieve from the restored gospel. We closed with prayer and left.
Ashley walked us to the door. At the landing while we were putting on our shoes she said with a tremor in her voice and tears in her eyes "I still want to learn." I smiled and told her we still want to teach her. I could see the emotion as she expressed her desire to continue in the lessons.
Walking to the truck I looked up in the night sky. Just as our Father aligns planets, stars and galaxies, He aligns His children. If we act in obedience to His will harmony is the inevitable result. I felt that I had done our Fathers will and that Ashley will progress and be a brightly lit example to her family and perhaps after years, the O'neil family will accept the gospel.
I love God. I know the living Christ and His living Father have their living church. I rejoice in the glory of our great and eternal head. I know, in part, the blessings that come to us from obedience.
May you be blessed and lifted up. I pray for your spiritual experiences.
Love,
Elder McCarty
Mom (Becky) with the Elder McCarty Standup earlier this year

No comments: