Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

LIfe is great! 11-12-08‏ (and pictures too!)

Well it's now week six. That means it's the end of the road for Elder David Woodruff Hill! He'll be flying home one week from today. Mom and Glen or Dad and Patti, You'll have to have him over for supper and he can share with you a lot of the experiences we're having that I never think of when I'm finally sitting down at the computer. Trust me he'll need to have some people cooking for him when he get's down there. I'll get you his information probably next week. I gave him yours too but who knows how soon he'll contact you!As for me I'm not sure what's going to happen. Logic says I'll probably be stickin around in Fort Mac but logic submits to revelation.

Who knows what's on the plans?Last Thursday we met with Ashley again! She's getting baptized on November 29th. I'm so excited for her! She's absolutely golden. She was so worried about the fact that her parents weren't interested and apologized profusely. We told her that her example of faith and willingness to submit to Gods will would inspire her family. When she broke the news to her Mum that she's planning to be baptized her mom decided that she is more interested in learning and should be at our next meeting! How amazing. I have adoration for the valiant souls God has prepared and that are willing to act without stubbornness of heart. I'm extremely encouraged.

My hair is getting long! I know Dad you'll never believe that I now consider the length at which my hair is now to be long but it's true. I need to get a hair cut. I'll hopefully attach some pictures this week of a lot of the folks we've been meeting with!I want you all to know that I Love the Lord. I also love truth. It's simplicity and power motivates me. I so look forward to each day when I get to learn more about the truths that we've been given. I also look forward to each opportunity to open the eyes of our brothers and sisters to see the salvation of God.

I've been realizing more and more the kind of love I've gained for so many families and individuals here in Fort Mcmurray. It's a great place to be.I have a testimony of the active role of our Heavenly Father in our lives. He is near. He loves you! Happiness is a gift from him available to all who will draw nearer and nearer unto Him. I so pray that this will be all of our determination. Love, Elder McCarty


Pictures Explanations:

This Is Bruce. He is The King of the Newfs. We think it's a conspiracy but our stradegy is if we can teach and baptize Bruce than all of the Newfoundlanders will follow! He's a great man and has been the source of the Newfy meals the salvation army has cooked for us. If you ever meet him think twice before you speak with him. He's hard to understand with a mile a minute mumble!



This is the Davis Family. These are some of the greatest people! I love the whole family. Steve is next to me with Iaasac on his back. Steves wife is Laurel with Elijah in her lap. Their neice is visiting from Calgary with her soon to be missionary boyfriend. Elder hill is on the left. The had us over for Elder hills last supper with them. Supper was Abel Skivers! They were delicious and completely a mystery to me.



The date on the picture is goofy. I thought I was setting it for 10-17-2008 but it ended differently. This was my anniversery of the day I entered the MTC. Hence the tie on head with the belt as a sash and the half tucked shirt. My tie got in the cake frosting so I had to get it off somehow. Notice the single candle! ha ha I call this my mid life crisis.




418 Pierette Coomb and Marsha Fay Pittman are far left. They're the two newfy girls who work at the hospital where we do weekly service. Alaina King is between Elder Hill and I (not recommended for a close companionship.) They're a fun bunch to be with. Only Marsha has been interested in the gospel and struggles with living arrangements. She had a baptismal date but it fell through on account of her still living with her boyfriend.

Ok I love you all! Take care of yourselves!

No comments: