Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nice marnin dis marnin‏ 11-19-08

But it mightn't be sa nice a marnin nex marnin.
Yes It's true the newfy language still lingers.Big news! Transfer calls came and I am now down in Londenderry. It's in the same Zone/stake as Fort Mac but it's in Edmonton.
I'm now covering one of the family wards that comprises the singles ward I served in before Fort Mac! Pretty spiffy.
This is a fantastic area. The Elders that have previously been here are hard working and obedient. In fact the reputation is so high for Londenderry that it has been the contributor this year to around 1/7th of the baptisms for the whole mission. That's some quick in the head not specific math but I think it's pretty close. Out of 130 Missionaries it's significant that an area with only two would be so high!
Elder Sean Mitchell Kipp and I are seeking earnestly to maintain and press further the work here. It's a big Job but the Lord wills it and we will do all in our power.
MIRACLE: As I walked in to the bedroom this morning to get socks on (yes it's getting chilly up here) the phone rang. I ran to pick it up and the voice asked for some organization. I explained who we were and she was confused. I elaborated that sometimes people call us "The mormons." She gasped! "Oh I've been trying to contact you for so long. The only mormon I know moved to calgary and we lost contact but I need the Lord in my life so badly. Can you come and give me some of your materials?".... I said "yes."
Barb is going through a hard time. Her ex husband struggles with drugs and alcohol and the divorce is taking it's toll on her. She said she will be at church and we'll be attempting to contact her immediately after we email!
Angels have gone forth and prepared Gods children to recieve this message. I encourage each of you to pray and consider who you know that needs peace, consolation, strength, and love in their life. Decide today that you will be a servant worthy of being called an angel who prepares the way for future or present missionaries. Today is the day.
I love you all and my soul is rejuvenated. I'm eager and ready to serve even through my fears and weaknesses. Take the best of care and have a happy thanksgiving down in the good ol' U. S. of Eh?
Love,Elder McCarty
P.s. the address that is best to send packages is now:
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission Office
8925 51st Avenue Suite 305
Edmonton, AB T6E 5J3
Canada
The office wanted us to warn you all that in will take a minimum of 3-4 weeks for packages from home to arrive. Please send me lots of letters! :D
I love you!

No comments: