Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Humbled and made bold 10-29-08‏

I read Elder McCarty's (Kyler's) letters and am thrilled with the messages he bares. I love the pictures he sends and I am going to be better at taking more to send with my weekly letter. I hope the spirit is with my email in the same way I feel the spirit when I read his.It's a beautiful week. Zone Conference always lifts me up. As an added bonus we are allowed to attend the temple. I get exhausted when I feel so much of the spirit. It's always amazing to me how much revelation is available to us. So many impressions have been made on my mind and my heart. I learned a lot about the covenant of our father. It's so concisely stated in Moroni 10:32-33. This is the Abrahamic Covenant. What a tremendous thought that through it we shall become holy! Could you imagine how that might feel? I think we get a taste of it each time we feel the peace the atonement offers us. That peace overpowers doubt, fear, inadequacy, sin, darkness, and all other weapons the adversary uses.While in Edmonton we were able to visit our investegator Ashley Oneil. She is in the Hospital and is a very sick girl. Her stomach is basically paralyzed. They have her living off an IV and pumps. We taught about priesthood blessings but she didn't ask for one. I want her to have the peace and strength that comes from it. She amazes me with the cheerful attitude she maintains and the way she conducts herself through such trying afflictions.I have thought much lately upon the subject of prayer. I have been reading through 1 nephi. Nephi's searching question to his elder brothers in Chapter 15:8 "Have ye inquired of the Lord?" penetrated my heart. I wonder if we can ever as mortals truly grasp and experience the true power prayer offers. As we do all we can to understand what God would have for us tremendous blessings pour out. The will of God is manifest and our souls are brought nearer to Him. Let us pray a little bit more, maybe a little more sincere, and perhaps with ever increasing conviction and understanding.So many great things are happening. Fort Mcmurray is progressing. I look forward to seeing all that God has in store for us!I love you all and am ever grateful for your prayers and support.Elder McCarty

No comments: