Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Holy Moley. October 15, 2008

Well everybody I'm out numbered. My companion is on his missions last leg, four Elders just returned from their missions into the wards we serve in, my Mom, my friends, even my sub conscious are all teamed up against me. I haven't found myself feeling "Trunky" as missionaries call it. Recently however I have been longing some for home. I miss all of you so much. It seems like only yesterday that I was receiving my call and it felt like forever away. I can't believe how long it's now been. Yes I admit, it's my 12 month mark on Friday.As I look back on the 12 months I've thus far had I see a lot of good experiences. I see many things that I've learned. I recognize a few people upon whom I feel my testimony has impacted. I know it has by no means been a waste. However, I also see the need for improvement. As President Monson has spoken of I recognize I must "learn from the past, prepare for the future and live in the present."Today is the day. Doctrine and Covenants 64:25 (23-25) talks about today. "Wherefore, if ye believe in [Christ,] ye will labor while it is called today." Well I do. So I am and will continue to. Step by step I will lay my foundation upon the rock of our Redeemer. In this section is one of my favorite scriptures. Verse 33 states "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."Brick by brick I'll lay the foundation. The mortar I will use will be of the finest blend. Held together by the atonement of a Superior Savior this foundation cannot fail.I have a living testimony of the living God, and His living Son. The Holy Spirit is offered to all willing to recieve it and I know first hand the blessings that come from so doing. The fruits far out weigh the labor required. There is no better return on an investment than to give that which is temporal, which entails fleeting pleasure for that which is eternal, bound to everlasting happiness. It's a small price for an infinite reward.I love you each and rejoice that some day we will again meet. See that you take good care of yourself. Let us labor while it is called today.
Elder McCarty

No comments: