Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Transfers Yesterday! Any guesses? 10-08-08

Yep it's true calls came. The meeting was yesterday and new companions were assigned. Again starts the commotion of learning, loving, living and pressing on. I loved the way Elder McCarty (Kyler) explained the peruvian response to "How are you?" As they say, "I'm fighting."Truth be told No call came and no meeting was attended. I remain in Fort Mcmurray. Elder Hill has the big transfer in the sky in under 6 weeks. He's ready but I don't think he's quite steady. It's a frightening thing that the mission could come to an end. Luckily he remains sure and has the strong determination to continue in the work. We're working hard and the fruits of our labors are there. Not always are the fruits measured but the are always noticable.General Conference was amazing. I was blown away by the spirit in each session. Without a doubt I know that those great men speak by the power of the Holy Ghost.My personal favoritewas by Elder Andersen I believe. The man is in one of the seventy and he spoke on how we "know enough." The story of hadly who boldy bore testimony and took comfort in the atonement of Jesus Christ pierced my heart, The missionary who wanted to return home because he didn't think he knew God loved him, and the stern, loving reply "You do know God loves you," all to me brought whisperings from the holy spirit and peace to my soul.Well I apologize for the shortness of this email but I have to go. I love you all very much and miss you! I look forward to the day at which we will once again meet and rejoice that our love for each other has not been diminished by time. As was taught in the MTC to me, "absence is to love as wind is to fire. It diminishes the weak while enraging the strong." I have faith that it will so be.With strong love,Elder McCartyP.s. I will be making a more diligent effort to write hand letters to all that I can. If you want one the safest way to ensure it is by sending one to me! ha ha :
D116 Romar Street
Fort Mcmurray, AB
T9h 2V9 Canada

No comments: