Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday Emails! July 31, 2008




Well It's another beautiful day in Fort Mcmurray! It's quite overcast in fact, but that just means it's less hot! Monday through Wednesday we went to our Zone Conference. It was a long drive each way but it seems to feel shorter every time. It's about 6 hours down and six more on the way back. I consider it practice for Lake Powell trips in the future! ha ha A good friend of mine named Elder Matthew Asay is one of our Zone Leaders. He has two weeks left in the mission. I'm gonna miss the guy. He's been a really good example to me of what kind of missionary I hope to become. He is such a kind person. He in fact gave me the guitar that he was given on his mission. It's a pretty guitar with nice sound. It's nothing too extravagent but It beats my Ukalehle sized guitar! ha ha It's far more fun to learn the hymns on.An interesting experience we had last week occurred last wednesday. We met with an investegator who and one time had a baptismal date. He spoke about many things he has been reading lately. He is a bright man who prides himself in his quest for nobility and spirituality. He knows the Book of Mormon is true. It hurts to see someone who knows fail to commit. He says he's simply not ready to confine himself. We told him that there is no confinement but that in fact any truth he will find in Daoism or some of his other spiritual investegations will be traced back to God and God has proclaimed that the FULNESS of His Gospel is contained in the Book of Mormon. It's a sorrowful thing to see someone that is unable to act on the faith.Family and friends, find the faith, and ACT. I know not all who recieve these emails are members but what I DO know is that any individual in existance requires faith. Faith is deeply rooted into our every step (literally and figuratively.) When faith brings action we can also find ourselves calling upon the powers of heaven to aid us in our righteous endeavors. I know it's a true principle. I live it every day. When my faith or acting upon it faulter I find myself less happy and less successful. It applies. I love you all! You're the greatest and I hope that the lessons I'm learning show. I'm trying to do and be the best I can.Love,Elder McCarty

Here is a video of Drew narrating the ice on the river. VERY CUTE!!

No comments: