Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Yowsa! July 9, 2008




I believe in Miracles! Yesterday we were preparing to go back out into the world for the day and we prayed before we left (it's a general missionary custom.) In the prayer we prayed for something that I didn't really expect. I said "Please bless us with one new investegator." Now that's a great thing to pray for but so specific. In the past I never had the faith to expect that I could pray about something like that and see it happen.We were trying a former investegator. We thought it was the house but it was the wrong address. We talked with Hewan for about 15 minutes and she seems excited for us to come back!Doug is SO solid. He's probably early 40's or late 30's. He's from Newfoundland and works here. His wife and kids are back home so he goes home for 1 week out of each month and the company flies him to and from. Our lesson last week went awesome! WE missed out on the lesson two days ago because he had to go to Newfoundland early for "Family issues." We pray all is well with him and he seems to have been prepared! He knows churches are missing things and hasn't ever been baptized because of it. I'm excited to see where it goes!Kim has fallen off the face of the earth and we haven't been able to find her. Tromblay apparently doesn't live in the same house so that is a good sign. The house she lives in is provided for a bunch of people by the company they work for so if she doesn't answer the door whoever is there usually says she's busy or not around.Oh! This last monday we did some more service and Sally Annes (the salvation army.) I found a sweet olympic canadian jacket that is going to be one of my best souvineers and I also got a sweet t-shirt. I've attached the picture of it with the email. I'm gonna start trying to send one picture with each mass email because I'm a slacker and haven't send home my SD card yet. Bad Elder McCarty I'll be sure to slap my knuckles with a yard stick. The shirt is cool because it says FT. Mcmurray, NFNLD... Now Newfoundland is a good ways away from Alberta... which is where Ft. Mcmurray is. They claim it's the second largest city of Newfoundland since there are TONS of Newfs here. The flag above it is of course Newfoundland. I'm excited to wear it to service somewhere! ha ha It'll be a good souvineer too.I love you all! The church is so true.Elder McCarty

No comments: