Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

AH! Time is short! I'll hurry though 03-12-08‏

Ok family and friends we've got about 15 minutes so I'll try to make this good! Transfers have indeed come! I am serving in the big city of Edmonton! The area is called Kinsway and Clarview. We cover 2 wards (one is a young single adult the other is a regular ward.)My new companion is Elder Winn. He's an absolute stud muffin and I've really enjoyed the time we've been together (currently grand totalling less than 24 hours.) He's a very smart Elder and has told me he likes to work hard. I'm excited for that. I expect we will do very well together. We get along superbly.Saying goodbye in Rocky Mtn. House was difficult. We survived it but It was pretty heart wrenching. It's almost like leaving home again because I was starting to feel very much at home there. Nevertheless the Lord has called me here. 1 Nephi 17:9 is during the story of Nephi building the ship. He inquires of the Lord where he must go to make ORE for TOOLS. Now Often as missionaries we're referred to as tools in the Lords hands. This was the last scripture I read before getting the phone call from President Rhodes informing me of the transfer.Family and friends I want you to know that I'm now finding that ore. I'm being made into the tool that our Father in heaven would have me be. I'm excited, uplifted and very much eager to get out and do the Lords sacred work.I'm in the Edmonton North zone and about 20 minutes from the mission office. For now send things there. Next week I'll be sure to get our home address so that I'll be prepared to recieve some letters ;DI've had a lot of good first impressions up here and I think I'll really enjoy the time I'm going to spend here. I'm shorter on time now that we're at a different library but I'll be trying to alternate who I am replying to so I'm getting to each of you. Have the best day you can!Elder McCarty

No comments: