Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sweetly sings the brooklet by! Brighter Beams the azure sky. 03-05-08‏

Here I am once again writing the newsletter to let you all know that (as of yet) I've not been frozen. In fact even if I had been I would now be thawing! It's pretty warm outside and the sun is out and shining almost all the time! The occasional flurries of snow melt off usually before noon each day.This week has been, in majority, a calm one. We had our District meeting this monday. We traveled to Red Deer and met the Olds Elders along with our Zone Leaders.To my surprise (and joy) as we pulled into the parking lot Elder Sandstrom picked up two pretty large boxes and set them on the hood of the car. In sharpie was written "bless this missionary," "We love you so much," and many other very kind phrases. I want to right now thank my family very VERY much! My companion does too. I named my teddy bear Francios pronounced France-wah. I wanted to get a canadian name but somehow none seemed to fit him. So I gave him the first name that seemed to fit! Elder Frost and I engaged in a bubble war with the pack of bubbles. One of the bottles smells exactly like a candle that used to be in the living room of Dad and Patti's house. Floods of memories bombarded me with that smell.The great harvest bread was thoughtful and delicious of course! I appreciate all the thought and effort that was put into all the things in the package. I literally had to go to my knees in thanks since I couldn't at the moment thank any one of you individually! So here is my chance. THANK YOU! As a missionary few things get me as excited as a package from home.District meeting was amazing! There was an outpouring of the spirit mingled with the good humor of the Elders that was extremely tangible. I had the opportunity to give the doctrinal discussion and I learned a lot! Our Zone Leaders spoke and sent chills down my spine and throughout my scalp. I don't know that I've ever felt the spirit as concretely as I have on my mission. I hope you all get the opportunity to experience that sweet feeling (whether it be on or off a mission.)I am loving this work. I am adoring the weather (even if the whole city is now brown) the sky is clear most days and the sun casts warmth all around. The "brooklet" I mentioned in my subject line is more of a river. It's beginning to melt and it's a beautiful sight!I pray that each of you will be blessed in the best ways God has in mind for you! Love,Elder McCarty

No comments: