Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Love love LOVE all ya need is love 27 May 2009‏

Conversion brings forth love. I can feel it in my heart. I'm finding how to be more patient with myself. I realized the other day that our loving Father in Heaven wants me to treat His children with, faith, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, diligence, and all other good qualities. SO THAT INCLUDES ME. I'm trying to treat myself with those attributes rather than the impatient demanding I have in the past often felt toward myself in my learning and growth.

This week we're working on helping lots of people progress. Olive Mcdavid is a 60 something year old woman from Barbados. She is such a dear lady and is in search for truth. Her husband is atheist and yelled at us "don't try to convert my wife." She told us "don't mind him he'll be just fine."She reminds me of my dear grandmothers with her sweet and gentle love and strong faith. She'll soon be progressing. This last week she didn't make it to church due to her current church needing a pianist. It was interesting for me to see the power that a responsibility has even if it's in another church. She assured us she'll come soon.
Delaina is on for baptism this week. I'm praying for her that she'll find strength to make it happen. She's a strong woman and is making some significant changes in her life.

This week OMAR ARIZABALO emailed me. What an amazing man. He is one of the three amigos of Londonderry. He wrote an awesome email in his limited english. I felt the spirit though and was reminded how important this work is.The sun is shining and Canada is turning green. I am perpetually grateful for the blessings our Fathers careful plan brings to us daily. It truly is the Plan of Happiness. I'm grateful for being taught how to live that plan and truly have that happiness. It is not fleeting. I love and miss you all. I had the realization today that fearing going home would be like fearing death. How can I truly consider myself a devoted faithful disciple if I haven't the simple faith that no matter where I'll be I'm in Gods hands. He's in our lives.

I'm consciously rearranging my thoughts on coming home. I'll not fear it or count down to it. As was told Joseph Smith in revalation "Thy days are numbered and they shall not be less." So it is with my full time mission.
I look forward to the day I'll see you again and I feel that is a foretaste of the way I look forward to seeing our Father in Heaven again. BUT that day is not today so I'll press on in the work of the Lord.

Love,Eldre McCArty


PICTURES S7300447.JPG The part I didn't tell you about the mothers day phone call! Ok maybe this is our Preparation day trip to Jasper. However the last week it did snow! BOOOOO... ha ha it is warm again now and beautiful.

S7300448.JPG DUAL RAINBOW!!! This was just outside the church. On if you spun around from where I was standing you would see rain and nastiness weather. This is the pleasantville side! Yay for beauty. That's our Chevy Malibu in the bottom left. She's a beaut.

No comments: