Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cultures galore! 20 May 2009‏

Reflecting on this last week I have learned SO many things about this world we live in. Cultures I've experienced: Middle east, East Indian, North American Indian, Ethiopian, Sudanese (dinka and neur), Ghana, Mediteranean, Mexican, Japanese, Tongan, Samoan, and of course ALBERTAN.

President Brigham Young said "If you go on your mission with lightness and frivolity looking for this and that and to learn the things of the world you will go and return in vain." I can assure you family and friends I've not served with lightness and frivolity. I WILL not return in vain. Yet as I've thrusted in my sickle I now realize that I have become more, EVEN SECULARLY, than I would have in two years without my mission. AND IT DOES NOT END THERE. That is perhaps the least of what I have learned and become. My conversion and gospel knowledge is SO much more advanced than it would be. I can testify the Jesus IS the Christ.

He is the annointed Savior of the world. Can money buy such? No. This is the best experience and group of experiences I could have. Thank you for supporting me (even if all you do is read my words.) I'm grateful for the prayers! I'm forever in debt to our Father in Heaven and as I seek to serve Him for that debt it will only increase. Thus is His plan of happiness. Eternal life in exchange for our feible struggle to do the small things he asks. Life is amazing.
The investigators are progressing and God is building us.
Love,
Eldre McCarty
Dun dun dun DUN! This is Elder Williamsen and I! Yes it's true most days we're bus jockeys. It's good to learn the bus systems. He's a good man and I'm learning from him!
19 Ye ol' District! The Londonderry district of the Ed north Zone! I miss them but I'm glad to be where I am! My noggin almost blocked Elder Kilifi. This is my last day with those missionaries and we all gathered to say our goodbyes during lunch.
20 Elder Richards and I skipping along with Tin man. He's friendly and apparently wanted to join us to our appointment. Elder Richards is amazing and we will be friends long after the mission. He's still up in the neighbor to my last area. YAY mission!

No comments: