Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life as a missionary 10 June 2009‏

Do you really want to know what it's like? Life as a missionary that is. You don't have to be full time to find out! :DI'll tell you what it's like! Miracles, Love, JOY, Peace, Power, Unity, and Eternal Progression.

This week Andrea Casca had her birthday. She is from Mexico and far from family and loved ones. I saw the hand of God intricately and precisely come into play in her life.I imagine her situation. If I were far from home, with few family members near and not much support, my birthday would have potential to crumble my spirits. Though in some ways our situations are alike, as a missionary I've been trained in the ways of leaning upon the only true support and in such a way my birthdays come and go as the flicker of a candle in the wind. Lidia and David Vasquez, along with their sons Davisito and Carlos, are members of the ward here. They are converts of about 7 years and are some of the most SOLID members I know. They've come more to know Andrea through the course of her teaching and care for her.Sunday they invited Andrea, Lalo (her Fiancee), Hector and Lisabeth (lalos sister and her husband) to come for an authentic mexican meal.At first all were present but Lidia. Then Davisito and his magic hands sat at the piano and began to play.Lidia came from the back room with a giant cake Andrea could nearly fit in with candles lit as we all sang Happy Birthday to you.
19 Year old Andrea's eyes filled with tears and she hugged the Vazquez's and her fiance. The Lord provides peace and comfort to the lonely soul and rest and energy to the weary one. He does it for me daily and when I seek him correctly I have ABSOLUTE faith that all things will work together for our good!
I love and miss you all!
Eldre McCarty
S7300530 Delaina and Valentia were baptized! Miracles! I was so pleased to attend.

S7300531 Out enjoying the sun and some ultimate frisby across from the temple! Some sisters from our old district were going to the temple and came over to see what we were up to. Admire the short shorts! They're my rugby shorts.

S7300532 Do you really want my mailbox to have to see this every day? ha ha Exchanges with Elder Grant. I have always wanted to take a picture like this one!

No comments: