Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday 13 May, 2009‏

Today I'm inclined to proclaim that I feel as did Lehi when he partook of the fruit of the Tree of Life which is the Love of God. As that man must have traveled by the Iron Rod that is God's word through the narrowness and straitness of that possibly treacherous path he arrived as we may also at the glorious Tree of Life. Partaking of the fruit he discovered that it FILLED his soul.

By the Love of God MY soul is filled. My dear brother in Paraguay has artfully written a masterpiece on our Mom. Though I may not write as beautifully I am also forever indebted to the Angel that is our Mom. In a world where the attack upon the family is ever more severe, our mother has been strong. Perhaps as with Christmas, Easter, and many other reverenced Holidays, the spirit of Mothers day ought to be carried through the year. The spirit of Thanks for these tremendous Gifts. First of course is our Savior, "for God so loved the world that he GAVE his only begotten Son." I believe that God so loves each of us that he has blessed us with mothers. The hand that rocks the cradle does SO MUCH MORE than rule the world. I love and miss you Mom. Each person to whom I write, YOU deserve praise also but lets be certain that we don't forget our mothers.

This week has been a tremendous one! We've met with many investigators. The work is picking up substantially. With a little more organization our planning is better. The Lord is bringing to us the understanding of how we ought to represent him better here in River Valley.Elder Preston Williamsen is my companion and one I'm glad to serve with. As he testifies I KNOW the spirit bears witness because this very morning in words plainly spoken that I have heard countless times, I LEARNED a principle of the gospel that has stared me in the face for YEARS. Though he didn't teach it, the spirit did and that is FAR more important than if he had taught me all things!

Delaina Nowlan in Londonderry will be baptized on Sunday. She and Valentia are doing amazing! I've been asked to baptize Delaina. I'm so pleased with her and excited for her! Andrea is our mexican investigator. She is reading from El Libro De Mormon. She is drawn to it and is looking to know why. How marvelous that the spirit is making up for our language barrier by helping her see the importance of this book that is the keystone of our religion.

Preston and Cinderita are a couple with two children. Though they are busy we were able to catch them breifly last night. As we continue to teach them I feel strongly that shortly they will set the goal to be baptized and confirmed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As we focus on these covenants we are more able to BLESS those we serve.I love you! Miss you all. Don't forget to pray!Pictures follow next week.

Eldre McCarty

No comments: