Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WHOO! Short time again. 5-21-08‏

The work is amazing! We're finding more and more that there are people everywhere who are being prepared. Lately we've had more opportunity to talk to EVERYONE in sight. It's not easy, and it's often a little awkward feeling BUT it's not without reward. We've had over 30 other lessons in the last two days. That's almost as many as we got all of last week! The potentials are piling up and we're finding many promising new investegators. Missionary work is hard. There's an awesome talk by Jeffery R. Holland that I want to get on CD somehow that talks about that. He asks the question... "Why isn't missionary work easier? Why aren't people flocking to the waters of baptism? Why isn't the only danger of missionary work that of pnemonia? Just baptizing all day and night!"Then he said something extremely powerful. He said "Missionary work is not easy, because salvation is NOT a cheap experience." Think on that. He then goes on to explain from the perspective think of our Savior. Why should we expect our work to be easy when His life was never, EVER easy. He speaks so poetically and powerfully. Look into it if you can! He says Surely we are privelaged to spend a few hours in gethsemane, a few steps on the path to calvary. Oh I wish I had memorized it. Look it up though! The only quote I'm sure of is the one about salvation is not a cheap experience. If you go to LDS.org I'm sure searching those words will find the talk I'm thinking of. You'll not regret it.I love the Lord. I love this work. I'm grateful for all of your kindness and support. I'm growing and learning and wouldn't trade these days for anything in the world. The world simply can't give the things I'm recieving from God. My testimony is sure. God lives. He's in my life, He's in your life. The more we let Him by our obedience, He is EAGER to bless us. It's our job to open the windows of heaven and God will not hesitate to pour out those blessings.Take care.
I hope all is well.
Elder McCarty

No comments: