Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Family friends and Whomever else! 05-28-08‏

Wow! This week has been an interesting one!Last night we got done with Exchanges with the Castledowns area. Apparently while I was in Castledowns there was an interesting scenario that occured. Bobby Lasseter (one of our investegators progressing to baptism) phoned to cancel an appointment. Usually an investegator has an excuse (sometimes real, sometimes fake) but usually they're not very good either way. He was phoning from Jail. He used his ONE phone call to call us, and cancel his appointment. He said to Elder Winn "I did something stupid." It's unfortunate and very sad to see someone with such good desires (at least when we are around) lose A LOT of potential from a slip up. I hope things shape up for him. He's had a rough life. That's a statement not an excuse. I've met many people who have had rough lives and overcame it. There's got to be something in his life that will turn him around into bursting the chains that bind him. We all have chains. If all of our shortcomings had repercussions like Bobby's we'd have a lot fewer people around. BUT there is great need for us to overcome the transgressions of Christ's higher law . These can only be done through the Atonement.Christ healed the lepers. Spiritual lepresy abounds all over the place in the form of selfishness, bitterness, uncleanliness and pride. THAT is exactly what is so amazing about the atonement. Mosiah 4 verses 6-8 talk a lot about the atonement. It is THE ONLY way whereby salvation cometh. Christ has paid the price. He's ransomed us. His hand is stretched out all the day long and He will not withdraw it. I am grateful for that. I'm learning each day how I can more become the person I desire to be. I don't have the power to change all that. I'm simply a man, but Christ is the Son of God. The power can be very real. I sound a little bitter. I'm not. I really love this gospel and it hurts me to see people who have the potential to be molded in Christs hands, turn away from it. The contrast is great between the purity and blessings we can recieve and the lack thereof.I didn't want to use my whole email for that! The work is going great. When one door is closed there are always others to open. We've been really enjoying the nice weather. It's beautiful out here!Elder Winn and I are working hard and the fruits are coming. They're not always fast, but they are exactly when we need them!I do love this gospel. I am SO grateful for all the blessings we have. Thank you for your support.
Love,Elder McCarty (JR.)
Soon Kyler will be Elder McCarty Sr. I may have to get used to it! :D

No comments: