Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

From Canadas flag to you Red white but no blue! 2-06-08‏

A glorious day in Rocky Mountain House! Yes indeed I'm here at least until the second week or so in March (so it's safe to send those packages I know you've been preparing!) ha haWell I'm in a terrific mood today! I just went on exchanges with an Elder Rimer. He's from Olds (yes it's the only other city in our district.) Now Elder Rimer is a good man. He's not the most socially inclined person. He tries and for that I give him credit. I was a little nervous to go on exchanges since Elder Frost slightly compared his exchanges with Elder Rimer like torture, because of the awkwardness silence bares when you're with Elder Rimer. Nevertheless I approached it as best I could with the Idea that I would get some good out of the exchange! There's a little saying in the mission "miracles happen on exchanges." Now you may have a little pity for me at this point or maybe you're saying "Elder McCarty stop being so RUDE," but I'll politely remind you thus far I've told you only what I had been told concerning Elder Rimer. On our exchanges I was taught a lesson in true humility! Elder Rimer is from a family with 10 children. His upbringing was a little crude and his fathers work scattered. While he may not be the "coolest" by the standard of some of the Elders I've heard from, the man Elder Rimer is indeed the epitome of humble. The kind of humility he has is the type that sends a rippling effect through those sensible to it. I learned in that 24 hour period a lot about how I can be more humble. For this I greatly respect that Elder Rimer and the lesson in humility perhaps was at a time when I needed it. What a miracle that was!We tracted for about an hour to begin exchanges. Elder Rimer suddenly got excited when we came to the end of the street. "I know who we can try!" He said. We rushed back to the apartment and he grabbed his previous transfers planner. We returned to the suburbs and he parked the car. He told me they had tracted into a woman three or four weeks back and that he had forgotten about her. He said that he suddenly had the overwhelming idea that we NEEDED to visit her.Danitza is a woman from Chile. She's probably in her early 30's and we talked for about 20 minutes. While in Chile she was a very active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We got her a spanish Book of Mormon and just before leaving she said in her spanish accent "Yes in Chile I was very active, Who knows... Perhaps I will be re-activated." How exciting! She wants to learn more about the church and Elders Rimer and Sandstrom will be the men to teach her. Elder Rimer was incredibly excited and it oozed out of him for the rest of the day. You could simply feel his excitement. I felt it too but for some reason I didn't show it as much as Elder Rimer did.The lesson I wish to convey in my talking about Elder Rimer is that indeed "Every man [or woman[ I meet is indeed, in some way, my superior." I hope to remember that I have much to learn from every individual God has me come in contact with. Next time when the flesh is weak and the reputation of someone isn't the greatest I'm making it my goal to with renewed zeal say "I have much to learn from this individual."I'm so grateful for YOUR support. I mean your support in whatever way you show it! If that support is only shown in your reading these newsletters that is a blessing to me! May God keep you in the hallow of His ever protecting hand. Elder McCarty

1 comment:

rachel. said...

oh how precious :)