Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Home away from all of you! ... 16 September 2009‏

(sigh) First of all it's hard to imagine that 23 months ago I was getting packed to go to the MTC. Time is a liar sometimes I think... ok maybe not really.

Last night I had what I subject lined home away from all of you. Sister Suzanna Bezooyen and her kids Sariah, Benjamin, Daniel, and Joseph Raymant are in the picture I sent. First of all Sister Bezooyen resembles some my Mom. That's something that makes it really nice to see them often. The Boys are the same that last week I wrote about my companion wrestling with. They're like brothers and the family really feels like the adopt us.

Last night we had supper there. My companion and one of their boys quoted pages of the script for The princess bride. Roaring with laughter for the entirety of our supper appointment our side aches eventually set in and the time for the message had come.

It was powerful to me to witness the spirit flood into our hearts despite and perhaps encouraged by the joy we had in our more secular discussions over the meal. I think that a spirit of brotherhood came from the secular discussion and a spirit of God complimented nicely to it as we taught and testified of the gospel and church. We taught about revelation and the importance of our prayers. I could see in each of the childrens eyes the real desire to know the way we explained. Sister Bezooyen reminded me again of my mom as she looked at my companion and I with deep gratitude for the impact the spirit had on her children.

One experience like a drop in the ocean of my mission. I would if I had the power and time pour into each of you the Love and Joy that entertwines this great work.

I miss and love you but the day will come soon enough that we'll greet.

love,

Eldre McCarty

483 Bezooyen/Raymant family pre- Elder Judd. Elder Williamsen and Myself.

No comments: