Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not enough time in the day... or emails! 12-03-08‏

Wow! I'm so sorry I can't give everything I want to give but time is super short.This last saturday morning Ashley Oneil in Fort Mcmurray was baptized! I was able to be there and it was a powerful spiritual experience. Also while visiting on exchanges miracles happened and we were able to contact an investegator who had disappeared but recognized me and came to say hello! Also we caught the Keyworths who are an amazing family on their way back to church. I am filled with hope. I now have a better view upon what that means. Reading Hope in Preach my Gospel chapter six I learned that the major lessons I'm developing tie in perfectly with this christlike attribute.In life setting goals is extremely important. President Rhodes asked "could it be that becoming like Christ starts on Preach My Gospel page 146?" That is a page on setting goals. Lately I've come to understand that prayerfully setting goals means that we set the goals God wants us to set rather than what we thing we're capable of. When we do this we can "believe and expect" (PMG Ch6 headline HOPE) the miracles that enable those goals to be accomplished!I have a firm and ever strengthening testimony. Jesus is the Christ. He and our Eternal Father invite ALL men, women, and children, to come unto them! Moroni 10 talks about the covenant of the father. The basis of that covenant is to make us holy! Jesus shall make us holy if we do as He has pled us. The spirit will guide. My question and invitation this day is "How might you more fully come unto Christ? Will you prayerfully set goals and expect and believe the shall be accomplished?"
I love you. I miss you all.
Thank you for EVERYTHING.
Love,Elder McCarty

No comments: