Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hey all! 09-03-08


Shalom! So this week has been good. My neck is starting to relax. Stress was really getting to me last transfer. We're still only two Elders in the booming city of Fort Mcmurray but we're finding better ways to cope with stress. We had a girl come to church on sunday. She really seemed to enjoy it but is not yet investegating. She is interested and I think she'll likely progress quickly but the young man who brought her to church is a little hesitant I think. We're supposed to hear from him today to find out if we'll be meeting tonight. We've got another appointment, this one is with with Barb Moberly. She's a little bit older lady who is divorced and has two kids. She's a nice lady and seems pretty sincere. I think there is a lot of potential with her.There is a man up here named Brother Jeff Fitzner. He is the CEO of Casman construction. They are currently developing 30 percent of the new construction in Fort Mcmurray and currently have built about 20 percent of the city. He's an extremely rich man. Filling out a survey he was unable to fill out his salary because there weren't enough boxes! It was a neat experience to have him take us around for an hour or so and learn from him. We were in the ghetto of the town and he didn't seem at all uncomfortable. I looked back as we walked and noticed him bend over to pick up a shiny penny. I told him I thought it was Ironic.In retrospect I really appreciated this display of humility. His house isn't outrageous and his attitude is fantastic.During our time together our appointment was delayed. Walking away from talking to our investegator there was a man coming around the corner. I had a spare book of mormon and decided to talk to the guy. He seemed interested and said to come back another time. It was a testimony to me that God has all things planned. We just have to step up and open the doors He's unlocked.I love Jesus Christ and I know He is the way the truth and the light. When His light graces us we find more holiness and strength.I pray for you all!


With all my love,Elder McCarty

No comments: