Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wow! 06-19-08


Yes it's true, Today is thursday! We were in Edmonton for Monday through Wednesday. It's about a 5 hour drive each way so our P-day is majorly absolved in travel. As such we're given permission to email the following thursday.Zone Conference was amazing! President Rhodes sat the district down and had a powerful discussion with us on obeying the prophets and apostles (including the White Handbook and Preach my Gospel.) I was impacted deeply by it. I hope that it's effects run deep within this district. I had marvelous experiences with interviews and the trainings we expereienced. I'm growing a lot day by day and learning how I can be a leader that LEADS. Too many leaders here choose to do otherwise. I'm finding greater charity and ability to approach all things in love and I'm becoming more like the leader I want to be.Still I haven't met the vast majority of our investegators and I wonder what more I can do. I'm striving to organize things in a way that we can really start picking up the work. Things are coming together and I'm recieving help from the spirit.I'm growing stronger. That means I'm also a bit in the furnace of difficulty. I see how those two are so often connected. It's a blessing that the Lord is helping me to rise to the occasion because I'm finding myself saying and doing things beyond my past experience.I am growing deepening love for God, Jesus Christ, and the sons and daughters of our Heavenly father. This charity is nothing short of a gift. It has an immense impact on the work and the fruit of my efforts.I don't have particular experiences to share this week but know that I'm having lots of spiritual ones and I continue to pray that you are too!LoveElder McCarty (Jr)

No comments: