Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Short time, Elder Hill awaits 08-13-08

Well everybody I'm very pleased! It's bittersweet with emails this week! I have a lot of them. I really have enjoyed reading and responding! Please forgive me that I've struggled to answer all the questions and such I am trying my best! Don't let any of that stop you from writing. I look forward to and always enjoy the emails I get even if they're a sentence or two! Thank you!This last week has been a pretty stressful one. We've got a lot on our plate. All things will be sorted out in time.Matthew and Gordon, our investegators with baptismal dates are nowhere to be found. We can't seem to track them down. It's possible that they've just been busy and that's why our appointments fell through but I can't help but wonder if something has happened.We met an interesting fella at the "Best Canadian Hotel" this last sunday. We were looking to meet with Matthew who works and stays there.As we walked up to the hotel there was a man sitting on the curb. His hair was long, I'd say 3 inches past his shoulders. Hair covered most of his face and he was looking down as we passed. I noticed a tattoo on his arm and proceeded to say "Hey how are you doing?" I'm afraid before my mission I wouldn't have done the same. At first he was uninterested. After we found Matthew wasn't around this long haired man came back down stairs and said, "Tell me your story." We talked for about 20 minutes and he told us the story of his tattoo. He has had a rough life and said he felt like a jerk blowing us off. Kurt took a book of mormon and we set up a return appointment.It was a profound lesson to me that I need to let no outside appearence regulate my tendancies. I do alright and not judging people by their looks but sometimes it's hard to not be affected by some of the extreme people there are. It's interesting to see how nice even some of the most scary people are.It's true that people are a very interesting creation of God. I started thinking about that from Patti she mentioned it in her email.Well I need to be going.I love you all and hope the best for you!Elder McCartyP.s. I'm attaching a picture... we'll see which one it ends up being.

No comments: