Best place to send packages (in case he gets transferred)
Mission Office
Elder Andrew McCarty
Canada Edmonton Mission
8925 51st Ave. suite 305
Edmonton AB T6E 5J3
CANADA

E-mail: A.a.mccarty@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

12-12-07

Good Afternoon! This is my newly committed weekly (or aspiring to be so) newsletter for any who might want it. Let me know if you've got some other email addresses for me to send it to if there's someone you think might enjoy it! This week has been amazing! Last Saturday Mandy Christensen took Elder Frost and I to go find Christmas trees! We got ourselves a 6 footer so that it fits in our small Pad. Her father is not a member and her mother is a recent convert. It was amazing to have so much hospitality. The same Sister Christensen bought me a blanket since I hadn't yet purchased one when I was in the field for less than a week! We were at dinner with her and her children (her husband works on the oil fields and is away often so we can't be in her home without the presence of another adult man.) We were eating in the cafeteria of the local grocery store. Elder frost (my training companion) mentioned it was no bother that we were eating at the cafeteria since we were going to buy me a blanket that day and we were going to do it while we were there. She seemingly paid no mind to it. We continued with our dinner talking about all sorts of things and when we had all finished she looked at her sons and daughter and said "well are we ready to go pick out Elder McCarty a blanket?" I was a little stunned and said that it was too much for her to do and that I would buy the blanket. She persisted saying that if her husband were there he wouldn't let me buy it! So don't worry about me back home! Every sister in the ward has been kind and hospitable to me! Also I'm ultimately in the Lord's hands! We still are struggling to build up a teaching pool since we're opening this area. We tract often and find many people kind but not the least interested in our faith. The other churches around town preach against "The Mormons" and so many have false ideas about us. I'm learning tons and soon we'll get things picking up! We plant seeds every week and just like the parable of the vineyard even the most infertile patch of ground can yeild good fruit. I hope all is well back home! I've been asked by a few what I want for Christmas. I don't really need much. Your prayers are enough for me! But if prayer isn't enough for you to give I'm looking for some good music. Anything that invites the spirit of Christ and is in accordance with the guidelines set apart in the missionary handbook under music. If you find some good stuff that I might like (especially Acoustic guitar) I'd appreciate it very much if you could let me know or if you're near my family see if you can sneak it in one of their packages! I'm grateful for all of your support and pray for you all daily that you'll feel of the Lords love and find his blessings! Elder McCarty

No comments: